I got my Ph.D. in Astrophysics working on star formation, studying numerically the effect of magnetic field on star formation processes. I have a strong interest in high performance computing, computational science, physics and astrophysics. I even have the chance to do these things for a living. I am a daily user of Python, Fortran, parallel libraries such as MPI & OpenMP and a bunch or other programming languages and libraries. I am also a TeX/LaTeX user (and enthousiast!) for years, always thrilled to discover all the things you can do with these tools. Finally, I am a GNU/Linux user and supporter, and I strongly believe in the power of sharing knowledge and culture.
Top Network Posts
- 23How can we tell that the Milky Way is a spiral galaxy?
- 16Why has Venus's atmosphere not been stripped away by solar wind?
- 14How could a hobbyist astronomer determine apparent magnitude of a star?
- 13What is the evidence that galaxies rotate?
- 12Why is the Sun's atmosphere (the corona) so hot?
- 11What is the orbital path of the newly discovered star-less planet PSO J318.5-22?
- 10How do we know dark matter/dark energy exists?
- View more network posts →