I am a Full Professor with Glaciology as my primary research field and work mainly on ice dynamics and glacier-climate relationships. I teach at all university levels. In my department I am responsible for the research education and teach research methodology to PhD students. I am also Editor-in-Chief of an international ISI listed journal.
For Tex.sx: My history with LaTeX essentially started when I was introduced to TeX as a graduate student. I produced my thesis in a home (some would say half) baked TeX format. After a hiatus of some Word years I returned to LaTeX and have never looked back. I now try to implement all my documentation in LaTeX including university versions of beamer, beamerposter and letterheads (the U does not provide anything but Word templates).
LaTeX spawned my interest in type setting and I have spent time type setting books among others a popular science book on Glaciology. As Editor in Chief of an international journal I am working in collaboration with a professional LaTeX expert on implementing a LaTeX template for manuscripts and proof-ready layout. As head of graduate studies I am also trying to influence graduate students to work with LaTeX.
Contact? firstname dot lastname att natgeo dot su dot se
Top Network Posts
- 72Etiquette on sending a thank you e-mail to respondents who gave me helpful information
- 67How to handle possibly subtly flirtatious emails from students?
- 43Is the PNG file format acceptable for academic papers?
- 43Dictionary for TeXstudio: “No dictionary Available”
- 43How to respond to someone plagiarizing my work?
- 42Should I use my university's letterhead for a cover letter for a job application?
- 40Is it ethical to share the knowledge for free that I've learned at the university?
- View more network posts →